The Lennox Intl Inc located in Edison NJ, is voluntary recalling its Natural Pig ears because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
While dogs are at risk when eating these products, humans can be at risk when handling these products especially without proper hand washing.
At least 93 people in 27 states are now infected with salmonella linked to pig ears, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Twenty people have been hospitalized.
What are the signs of Salmonella?
- Diarrhea (with or without blood)
- There can be more serious complications when being exposed to Salmonella
If you handled these products and are having symptoms please see your physician.
What product was it?
- 8 pack: UPC 742174 995163, 742174994166
- Individually wrapped: UPC 0385384810, and 742174P35107
- The recalled products where shipped to nationwide distributors and/or retail stores from May 1 to July 3, 2019.
Did you purchase this product?
Consumers who have purchased the product and have proper receipt may return product or contact 800-5388980 Monday to Friday 9-5 PM or contact us at [email protected] for refund and additional information.